A stroke is a life-threatening condition that occurs when the blood vessel that carries nutrients and oxygen to the brain is blocked by a clot or ruptures. The blockage prevents that part of the brain from getting the oxygen and nutrients it needs, causing brain cells to become damaged and die within minutes. It is one of the leading causes of death as well as one of the main causes of disability in many countries around the world. A Stroke falls into three main types, depending on what caused it:
- Ischemic stroke is the most common type of stroke, which happens when the arteries to your brain are narrowed or blocked. The blockage reduces the blood flow to your brain. This type of stroke is further broken down into two categories: thrombotic stroke and embolic stroke. A thrombotic stroke happens when a blood clot (thrombus), or build-ups of plaque, forms
Obesity is a severe condition, which can adversely affect the physical, mental and social well-being. Unregulated blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases, depression, and diabetes are the potential health hazards associated with excess weight, and it remains as an obstacle in your way of happiness. Bidding adieu to junk food, the right amount of calories, active lifestyle and high-intensity exercises can melt off some stubborn fat and support initial weight loss, still, at times surgery becomes an ideal way to attain your healthy weight so that you can live in peace. Gastric band surgery has proven benefits and perks over their counterparts. Here are five things you probably don’t know about the gastric band surgery.
- The procedure is entirely safe and never life-threatening.
Bariatric surgery procedures like gastric band surgery often confine the quantity of food your stomach can accommodate, thereby restricting the absorption limit, which gradually takes you forward in your …
Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas, this hormone helps transform glucose from the food you consume into energy. Diabetes occurs when the body produces little to no insulin or it becomes resistant to the insulin, which results in the glucose not reaching your cells to be used for energy.
Types of Diabetes
Diabetes has two main types, including type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes, formerly called insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile diabetes, is a condition where the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or does not produce any insulin at all. This type of diabetes usually develops during childhood or adolescence, but in some cases, it can also develop in adults.
- Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes that occurs when your body becomes resistant to insulin or when your body only produces a small amount of insulin that is not enough
Apart from the general belief that women are beautiful people, most women worry about their appearance and want to look as glamorous as they can be. From hairstyles to the condition of their skin and food diet are areas that women concentrate on to ensure they look beautiful. Some of the tips are mentioned below.
Exposure to sun, pollution, dust, dirt, chemical products does more harm to the skin and hair than good. Eating the right foods play a big role in the human body system as it makes both the skin and the hair look good.
For instance, fish, chicken, and sprouts are good for the body and for people who have normal hair. Fresh vegetables, bananas, nuts, and Vitamin E are great for the skin and those with dry hair while fresh fruits and yogurt are said to be good nutrients for people with oily …
The medical field has taken giant leaps into the treatment of several seemingly incurable diseases and yet one monster refuses to go away – cancer. It is the second leading cause of death in the world today.
What is Cancer?
People often assume that cancer is a single disease when in reality is a group of diseases. But what is common in all these diseases is that some cells in the body continue to keep dividing without restraint resulting in the growth of abnormal tumors. These tumors can appear anywhere in the body. Sometimes these rapidly dividing cells break off from their original site and travel elsewhere in the body and that is how cancer spreads. Early detection increases the chances of a cure but sometimes cancer can be a silent killer and the disease is too advanced and it is too late to save a loved one.
It all starts with a slight cough. You never know when chain smoking can lead to various health issues. So many people have tried to quit smoking unsuccessfully. Many ignore the advice from loved ones. It is not too late if you can follow simple health tips and stay in control:
- De-addiction: Stopping smoking and alcohol immediately is essential. Seek counseling and support for de-addiction. There are so many effective de-addiction therapies. Using alternatives like vapes can be less hazardous. But even that should be avoided for better recovery from lung cancer. Meditation can help. Engaging in hobbies and music can divert the mind. If you are stressed read books or watch television. Never try smoking as a remedy. It is not the solution.
- Diet: Include more orange and red fruits and vegetables in your diet. Having lemon is a must. Ensure that you eat warm food.
Whilst a cigarette gives you heavenly bliss during each puff, it will eventually lead to ill health. If you smoke because it helps with stress relief or you simply enjoy the habit, or whatever the reason might be, Read the rest of this article to learn the negative impact Cigarettes will have on your Health.
Cigarettes are made of dried tobacco which is wrapped in a small piece of cylindrical paper. Sometimes narcotic plant leaves are dried and used. Certain cigarettes contain aerosol particles and gasses. The nicotine content in such products is very high and addictive.
Effect on the lungs: The nicotine inhaled through smoke directly reaches the lungs. In the short run, smoking leads to a slight cough, cold and wheezing. In the long run, it can lead to the following:
- Pneumonia- The Mucus becomes thicker. The cells that produce mucus become larger and more in the
The Aaron M Laxton is a most famous blogger, commentator and also award winning journalist. Actually, he has discussed the entire things in his blog and also provides a lot of information related to HIV as well as other social justice problems. In his HIV journey, the Aaron Laxton takes his YouTube viewers beside for a journey of his life. The Aaron Laxton who was thirty three and not even born, when his several series premiered. His many of the sequence of videos are sharing in the television drama and also records his way of finding in this unfamiliar world.
After he started writing his HIV blog, he has received a lot of social commenting about this. His HIV journey has provided to support a lot of over 250, 000 people in all around 171 countries, which are believing to discover their path to approval as well as considerate. The …